This week was purely just working on the assessment that was due, the previously mention survival shooter. I ended up running out of time and didn’t get to implement a bunch of features I wanted to put in, but overall I am pretty happy with how everything turned out.
One thing I didn’t get to do is have an upgrade increase after each purchase, which is something I felt was pretty important to my game, because as there are more enemies per round the player will earn more points and increasing the cost would have kind of balanced that out. I also never got around to having the enemies health naturally increase in relation to the round level.
I did get my spawning mechanic to work exactly how I imagined it, which I am really happy about. I ended up creating a co-routine that is called on the start of the game. First it generates two random numbers, one between 1 and 100 (for enemies) and one between 1 and 4 (for spawn). If the first number was less than 51, a “Zombear” (the basic enemy) would spawn at the spawn point that corresponds to the other random value, if it was between 51 and 74 a “Zombunny” would spawn (moves faster) and if it was 75 or higher a “Hellephant” would spawn (More health, moves slower).
I would have to say that in the future I need to balance my subjects better. I spent far too much time trying to catch my production group up and I ended up falling behind in my other subjects. I guess in the end it all comes down to time management, because if I started catch up on production when it was less of a problem, I would have had more time for my other subjects.